BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I there. I have an E90who had the battery died ( not AGM…

I there. I have an...
I there. I have an E90(###) ###-####who had the battery died ( not AGM just simple battery ). When i changed it, the lock/unlock remote doesn´t eork. The star is ok. The central locking is pk. My second key doesn´t work too. I do not have comfort access packing. I have tried to fix as we do in E46 but didn´t work. I tried to take off the battery cables and put them together for 20 min and doens´t work too. Scanner is normal. What´s the next?
Bruno
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
thebproblel is the key remote functions don't work but central locking works from the button in the car?
that´s it. central locking inside the car is all right.
i live in BraZIL so it´s better to do it here not from phone

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

thanks for clarifying. Please check fuses if you have not.

If fuses are fine, then this would suggest a likely failure of the remote receiver antenna on the vehicle. A less likely possibility would be a fault with the footwell module which controls central locking, but this is unlikely because central locking inside the car works.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

where is located the antenna? As i have two same cars, i can test it. I don´t think is the footweel module as you said central locking is working. Fuses are ok.
PS: Is there any way to re sync the remotes?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

it is located in the roof in the rear seat below the shark fin antenna, per this image: https://app.box.com/s/spvv26rbjrvz2fu3mthfn8lvmoct9l46 Please do not forget to click a positive rating

there is no way to sync remotes. Please do not forget to click a positive rating

do you have some tutorial to disassembly it? Whats the part PN and name?

I have the factory BMW instructions including all preliminary tasks as multi page PDFs with images. They show exactly how to complete this task and are the most detailed instructions available anywhere.
I cannot post this information publically for obvious reasons, but I can email it to you. The site imposes a mandatory additional charge for email delivery, but I will set it to the lowest allowable to simply enable to you share your contact info with me. Please accept my offer and then enter your email address where it says to enter private contact info.

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Anyway, which is the name of this antenna?
if i change it, Will be necessary to set the frequency?
I will send all of the info within an hour to your email
Souds good. May i disturb you again in case of doubts?
Don't worry about 5 star rating. I'll do it!!

antenna amplifier diversity - part number***********/p>

email sent

yes you can follow up

you do not need to set anything

May i try with the part from my other car and when i return it i Will have no problem with the other one right?

yes you can swap it

Hi Steve. Are there interchangeable?
9.131.369 and 6.928.938
Bruno

yes

I steve. Appologize for the delay. I Just try to fix it. I have change the diversity antenna from the other E90. The parts are same PN. So, my part in the other car: the other car remote worked fine. The other car part in my car: still didn't work. I mean, the diversity antenna is fine! What would be the next?