BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I found the fuse box but dont know which fuse to check for…

Customer Question
I found the fuse...

I found the fuse box but dont know which fuse to check for the cigarette lighters arent working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Not available

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2007 525 XI

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 525 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the fuse but dont know which one to replace

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car shakes and several lights have come on got the brakes and anti locking

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
9/16/2017
BMW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

There are two fuses that power the Cigar light and power point outlets both located in the rear fuse panel. The fuse you need to check at the fuse F87 and F88. Both of these fuse are 20 AMP fuse as well.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician