BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I am having an issue with my 2009 bmw 135i It has goes

I am having an...

I am having an issue with my 2009 bmw 135i It has goes straight into limp mode and is giving code 2A9A. I also noticed a leak in my oil filter housing gasket that has been there a while I think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

I recently replaced the valve cover gasket and since has been going straight into limp mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 135i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm fixing it myself, I've tried to clean the Vanos solenoids but problem persists

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've had an issue with the car going into limp mode and losing all power when driving on the highway for extended periods.. also when I go wide open throttle

9/15/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
has anything been replaced?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the valve cover and valve cover gasket were replaced by an indy mechanic

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I would swap the solenoids if you have not, see if the fault moves.

if it does not, replace the cam sensors

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it safe to drive it with the check engine light on and rough idling?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It sounds like engine hiccups and jumping when I stop at a light or start and idle.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

its not ideal, you can drive it in for service if you are going to go that route, but I wouldn't recommend continuing to use it as normal Please do not forget to click a positive rating

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Thanks