BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

BMW 745LI runs for 10-15 minutes running good and then just…

Customer Question
BMW 745LI runs for...

BMW 745LI runs for 10-15 minutes running good and then just dies out of nowhere. Car will restart but will keep stalling.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

I can start the car and let run idle until it starts to stall. I keep coming with this code P1720

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 745li yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am, I've replaced the MAF sensor, fuel pump and filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My sbsr has 13-14 volts going in and 9 volts at my fuel pump

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: BMW
9/13/2017
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

The P1720 , is no Can Bus communication with DME ,you losing dme communication, off course will shut down but is a dme issue or wiring to oit or a component on the engine causing it like ckp sensor , maf , cam etc ..

do you know how to check for fuel & spark ?

How long does it take to start stalling after idle ,when it gets hot

what scanner you are using on it basic code reader

what year exactly is the bmw 745 ?

is the ckp sensor been replaced ?

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat