BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I changed my 2009 BMW x5 deisel exhaust Fuel late at 700…

Customer Question
Hello I changed my...
Hello I changed my 2009 BMW x5 deisel exhaust Fuel late at 700 instead of at the 1800 refill level. 2 days After I refilled it the engine light came on and the power has reduced while in D but once I switch to manual in M1 and M2 the power is ok. I have gotten it read the code and have a list of stuff thatbcame on. Please I need advice as what to do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: BMW
I have the codes and will add them here ok
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/13/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 11 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Are there no active codes?
Mileage is 145000
Steve I have sent all the codes in two screen shoots above ok
all the codes show not present? if you clear them, do they all come back?
I do not know how to clear codes. The guys who read the codes are dying to over charge me by wanting me to bring in the car and leave it with them for the day and that to me is just to rip me off.
nice speaking with you
the problem appears to be with the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system.
my recommendation would be to clear all codes and see which come back and how quickly, and then have proper diagnostics carried out based upon the codes that return.
Please do not forget to select a positive rating
Please instruct me how to approach fixing or trouble shooting it thanks
that depends on what codes come back.
it would require proper test plans be run using a BMW diagnostic tester, and potentially a replacement of the EGR based on codes listed.