BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2006 BMW 325xi, E90 Series, C110 Codes scanner indicates "93

2006 BMW 325xi, E90 Series...
2006 BMW 325xi, E90 Series, C110 Codes scanner indicates "93 Passenger AirBag Stage 1", part no. 912500, Coding index 08, Diagnose Index 08E0, Variant 457A, Hardware No. 10. Any idea on what part needs to be replaced? Thank you.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 093 Passenger AirBag Stage 1
JA: What is the model of your '93 BMW?
Customer: 2006 BMW 325xi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done nothing so far other than use the scanner
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. Thank you.

Please send me an e-mail response. ******************

I am planning to fix the car myself. I have Haynes Manual, etc. and have been doing work on cars for years.
9/14/2017
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

I suspect the passenger air bag stage 1 igniter (Pyro Technic) is measure outside of the desired resistance range. This is usually a straight forward diagnosis and repair it is indicating a faulty passenger airbag unit.

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are there any letters next to the 93 like 93C1 or 93C2?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Code : 93AB Pass Airbag Stage 1 is what first is noted on C110 Scanner... The other details are noted in my earlier communications.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Code : 93AB Pass Airbag Stage 1 is what first is noted on C110 Scanner... The other details are noted in my earlier communications

O.k., thanks

The code is for the passenger seat air bag/seat recognition system ( as some models have equipped).There was a bulletin released to check the connections under the seat for the air bag components.These are usually yellow or orange connectors.Check the connections and see if any are loose or corroded or any wiring damage is found.In allot of cases if you disconnect the connections then reconnect them this also resolves this fault.

If you have already done this and the fault is still occurring let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pete, I checked the connection, erased the code, and I am still getting - "93AB Passenger Airbag Stage 1" in the diagnostic mode.The data stream indicates " Seat Occupancy Detector/ not assigned".I checked the BMW web site for recalls, and there were E90 with a recall on the seat detector pad in 2006- but not for the serial number on my car.What are your thoughts/recommendations? (Should I buy a bypass on the occupancy mat to confirm that is the problem?)Thx. Tom

If you have a way to bypass it safely to trick the computer to see if the mat is the cause this could be done as a quick check.Usually, it is the mat itself at fault needing replaced to resolve this type of code and issue here when the connections and wiring under the seat are all found to be o.k.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pete, Do you have access to what specifically the code "93AB Passenger Airbag Stage 1"? It suspect the passenger mat sensor is bad, as you indicated, but could there be another possible issue? I am perplexed that some of the 2006 E90 series are covered for replaced on this component... but not this serial number... Any way... I just want to be sure because as noted in September I was informed it was a air bag issue... and after buying a replacement air bag and replacing did not address the matter - which is why this matter was forwarded to you. Thank you .. Tom Bena

My info isn't showing a description or diagnostic for this code here but it is for the seat sensing mat itself.In most all cases it is the mat at fault needing replaced.The only other issue I see would be wiring at fault leading from the mat to the air bag computer or the air bag computer itself needing replaced.I would say 99% of the time it is the mat itself needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician