peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

After fuel pump and filter change it's not starting, I put

Customer Question

After fuel pump and filter change it's not starting
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: I put the new one now because the old one had crack and my mechanic told me to change
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2004 BMW 645ci
JA: Are you fixing your 645ci yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well my mechanic change the gear seal and fuel pump after that the car won't start and if it start the fuel pressure is low that's why car don't accept accelerator
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fuel pressure re checked to see if it is low even with the new pump installed this needs done.I have seen new pumps faulty before out of the box with the pump itself needing replaced again under parts warranty.I would have the fuel pressure re checked to see if this is the cause here.If this was already done let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete