Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

When I press on the brake pedal it's very hard and gets when

Customer Question

When I press on the brake pedal it's very hard and gets harder when I apply more pressurer
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Good condition
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2010 X5
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing it just started
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if it's safe to drive
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P replied 1 month ago.

hello if you press the brakes and its super hard that tells me that you have a failing brake booster, the car is safe to drive but you will not have power assisted brakes you will have to press hard to get the car to stop, i would get this checked out asap, i would avoid driving it if you could.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech