BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

When I press on the brake pedal it's very hard and gets when…

Customer Question
When I press on...

When I press on the brake pedal it's very hard and gets harder when I apply more pressurer

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Good condition

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2010 X5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing it just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if it's safe to drive

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
BMW Mechanic: Lou P, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

hello if you press the brakes and its super hard that tells me that you have a failing brake booster, the car is safe to drive but you will not have power assisted brakes you will have to press hard to get the car to stop, i would get this checked out asap, i would avoid driving it if you could.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech