Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I just asked for advise on a choice betwwen two BMW 535ix I

Customer Question

I just asked for advise on a choice betwwen two BMW 535ix I am considering buying. I got a reply from rpmdiag. i woudl like to ask it again and get another opinion froma different tech. Can I post it again ?
JA: What year is your 535i?
Customer: 2013/2014
JA: Are you fixing your 535i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to decide between two BMW 535 ix and would appreciate feedback/opinion on which would be a better choice.
Both cars are BMW certified cars and still under the manufacturer’s warranty. Both cars have same features/options, both are accident free, both only have 1 owner, and dealers has provided full maintenance for both cars. Both car qualify for a 5 yrs/ 100,000 kms extended warranty which I plan to purchase. Both cars meet BMW certification standards.
The first car is a 2014 and has 78,000 kms and priced at $35,500. The dealer has just added new tires new rotors and new pads.
The second car is a 2013 with only 35,000 kms. The tires and brakes are at 70-75% and are original to the car.
Just wondering if the 2013 would be a better buy based on the lower mileage. I assume that I would have to pay anything over the next 4-5 years on the 2014 car as tires and brakes are new. I may have to invest $4000 in the 2013 at some time in the next 4-5 years on the tires/brakes. I do not if there other wear and tear items I need to consider in my decision or other factors ( maintenance costs, etc) I should consider.
Please advise which car you think is a better buy / which car you would personally take.
Thanks.
JA: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?
Customer: see my question
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to decide between two BMW 535 ix and would appreciate feedback/opinion on which would be a better choice.
Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
What is the price of the 2013?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2013 is $36,500
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Please enter your phone number
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

**********

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 23 days ago.

thanks again - please let me know if you had any follow up questions.