BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

It has power but the starter won't turn over, Single, 2004…

Customer Question
It has power but...

It has power but the starter won't turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Single

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2004 530i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Called AAA.... they checked battery... it is fine... and could not diagnose problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe that is it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: BMW
9/10/2017
BMW Mechanic: Kevin, BMW Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic

Hi im kevin from what you are describing it sounds very much as though the starter has failed .you will need to be able to access engine from below to test and confirm starter failure