BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Cam gear bolts on 06, m3. When should these be changed?

Customer Question
Cam gear bolts on...

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

70,000 miles,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer maintained only!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm due for an inspection II service and my engine stalls often and hesitates. Concerned about cam gear bolts based on what I've read and am experiencing. Will the dealer know to check or change cam gear bolts?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
9/8/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
The dealer will not know about this as there is no recommended interval for replacement. If you are concerned with them at the moment you will need to request they be changed. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert