PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-
PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf-,
Experience:  Shop Head at Delta Cab Ltd.
77075164

I have a 2005 BMW 645. Yesterday got CEL: AOB2 supply

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a 2005 BMW 645.
Yesterday got CEL:
AOB2 supply terminal 30E (Independent dealer, that I bought the car from, just replaced the battery and said he paid $150 for it, so I assume it was aftermarket)
2F71 Function Box Fan activation
2A1B Gas Cap
29FE Secondary air system
2A08 Secondary air system 2
I notice when the car idles it almost looks like it has a slight misfire (engine has a little shake to it sometime, doesn't run as smooth)
Once you drive the car, you can't tell, has full power, runs smooth.
I'm due for an oil change and wanted to ask if I can use 5w30 Castrol Edge synthetic or Mobil 1 0-w40 in this car?
I just bought the vehicle.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Some of these codes may be old history codes that were never cleared out by the independent dealer.I suspect the A0B2 code is related to the issue it had before the battery was replaced.What needs to be done first here is to have the fault codes cleared out/erased with a fully compatible scan tool that can communicate with all computers.Then operate the vehicle until the light comes back on.The code that comes back then needs diagnosed.I suspect it will be the air system or gas cap code.In this case the secondary air injection system will need tested to locate anything at fault needing replaced like the pump or relay or solenoid.If the gas cap code comes back this indicates there is a fuel tank vapor leak and an evap leak test needs done to locate the source of the leak and then repaired from there.

Here is the recommended oil for your vehicle:

BMW High Performance Synthetic Oil ................................... SAE 5W-30

If you cannot get this oil then I would use the Castrol Syntec edge formula 05-30

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I erased the codes yesterday and they CEL came back this morning, I haven't scanned it yet. When I get home I will scan it again.
Thank you.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just checked the engine light again.
2 codes:
29FE secondary air system
2A08 Secondary air system 2.
If you could please point me in the right direction on how should I diagnose this problem.
Replacing parts is not as hard for me, diagnosing the issue is more challenging.
I'll check for air leaks.
Like most of the time, there's certain parts in this year make and model car, that are more common to fail.
Please, let me know, if you can think of smth.
Maybe air pump or pressure hose, Intake gasket, smth I should pay closer attention to?
Thank you.

I apologize for the delay as I have been offline the last couple of days.

Unfortunately I not show the diagnosis procedure for this here myself.I will have to see if anyone else here has this info and can assist more on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  PLCUSTOMER-mzof8sxf- replied 1 month ago.

Hello Please see the attached document I have uploaded. The codes you have retrieved point to your oxygen sensors. Do you have access to a scan tool?