BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2007 bmw x3 diesel still running and stopping although I…

Customer Question
2007 bmw x3 diesel still...
2007 bmw x3 diesel still running and stopping although I have changed the injector. Fault code P1279 has returned .Vehicle used to Rev to 5000 now only 4000 rpm
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
8/25/2017
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 10 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you man
Ok p1279 ,I m away from my laptop on my iPhone gave 2 hrs max and I will send you a troubleshoot on it and help you with it
Thanks for request
Chad
Ok thanks

Sounds like MAF, the air intake boot has fallen off the throttle body or a huge vacuum leak.

Did you check your oil when you filled up? The dip stick is behind the air intake boot. It's possible you knocked it off checking the oil.

P2179 :most possible

MAF
fuel pump
bad gas
clogged injector
vacuum leak
bad o2

I think an intake/vacuum leak after the MAF and before the O2 sensors. For it to be on both banks narrows it down to between the MAF and the intake.

The MAF knows how much air is going in and it tells the computer how much gas to put into the mixture. The O2 sensors confirm what is going on. If more air is going in than the MAF is saying the O2 sensors pick up a lean mixture. For both banks to be lean it has to be something that both banks have in common. . .MAF, air boot or vacuum leak. now usually the MAF would set it's own code.

if you unolug maf what happens ,engine stumbles or nothing

The vehicle has a diesel engine. 2007 bmw x3 3.0 diesel

oh okay sorry , i can get the info on this diesel one to pull up

I will opt out for you for another expert to assist you

Ok cool. Please connect me to someone else
Please do not reply back to me since it will lock question back to me and other experts want see it to help you further , just wait and another expert will pick it up
Thank you