BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I keep getting a po444 saying my emission purge valve is…

I keep getting a...

I keep getting a po444 saying my emission purge valve is open my car smells like gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Same as usual but i think it burns more gas than usual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2001 530i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havnt tried anything yet and yes im going to try to fix myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats the only problem i have

8/18/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
How can I help you with this? What was your specific question about this?
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Please enter your phone number where it says to enter private contact info
Hello?
What do i need to do to fix problem
Please enter your phone number
you need to replace the purge valve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCd_XkpYMWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YjonHGuIa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT30BWR-I-M
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert