Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Second opinion] I drive an e 39 520I I am.in the United

Second opinion] I drive an e 39 520I I am.in the United States and they only have bigger engines will a 2.8 work in my car with out having to do.much mods if so what do no have to do to get it to work
Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you
.
the engine would physically fit, but it would not be compatible with your transmission, the current wiring, and would also require significant reprogramming that would actually involve a lot of guesswork.
Installing a different engine and getting it to work would unfortunately cost more than the vehicle is worth.
.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...