Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Just trying to release my BMW X5 2008 trunk to change the

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Just trying to release my BMW X5 2008 trunk to change the battery as it is locked - the battery being dead. I found the positive terminal in the engine bay, but looking for the negative terminal to give a bit of charge to open the trunk
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: yes, the battery is completely dead has been left rather too long! never changed one before
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just need to get a bit of power in there to be able to release the trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is fine thank you :)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

the negative terminal is on the driver side of the engine bay near the power steering reservoir.

you can also just open the trunk manually if you have access to the cabin. See info for both here: https://app.box.com/s/rnvcafev92c2zf6ukw4etrzu7ct6bh06

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
did you have additional questions regarding your trunk?