BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I own a 1997 Z3 and have lost the radio security code. How…

Customer Question
I own a 1997...

I own a 1997 Z3 and have lost the radio security code. How do I go about finding out what the code is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Z3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought it would be as easy as getting the VIN number and contacting BMW.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
A BMW dealer can retrieve the code from their internal database based on the radios serial number. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.