BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2009 x3 was running fine. Battery went fed. Installed a new…

2009 x3 was running...

2009 x3 was running fine. Battery went fed. Installed a new battery. 4x4 brake and abs lights came on. Reset battery. The same. Clicking notice when door is open and turning off engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Abs 4x4 and brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reset battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything happened after I had replaced a few battery

8/6/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Wher is the clicking from?
Serching the internet amentiond the noice that the
Transfer case actuator is making when I turn the engine off.
The warning lights are. First the 4x4 and after brake, and abs,
I left the car parked outsibe the garage. Disconnected the neg.battery term. 3 months
later battery was dead .
I was wandering ones it was sitting outside for 3 months if the rats ate a wire.
Warning lights came on in the beginning then it was of for a couple days and now it's contrniusly on.
Work is done by my self.
General aviation mechanic.
After the life phone calls what's the next charge

sorry for the delay. have you had the actual faults scanned from the car?

The clicking is underneath the drvers sseat. You can hear it when the door is open.
I took it to a BMW place and they said
Something about transfer DSN

do you not have the actual code?

005f39

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it is very unlikely that a wire was eaten, I would say there is next to zero chance this is the issue.

this is a very common code to do with a common issue on this model - the transfer case motor is bad - it simply needs to be replaced.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Can I replace the plastic gear inside the motor.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating

you can try just the gear, it is not a guaranteed fix.

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert