BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Im thinking purchasing a 2003 BMW325i, Test drove it last…

Customer Question
Im thinking purchasing a...

Im thinking purchasing a 2003 BMW325i, Test drove it last week and today I went to purchase and now the sunroof AC and blinkers on the instrument cluster don't work. My friend thinks its the installation of the aftermarket stereo, but the stereo has been installed for 6 months and the car was fine last week. We checked all the fuses ,can you help me out

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Just the one in the glove box, didn't know there was another

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 BMW?

2003 BMW 325I

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

We checked the fuses and thought there was a short in the back up camera from the aftermarket stereo, The blinkers worked once and then failed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hi what question did you have about this? Did you want to know possible causes?

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

this is most commonly caused by a failed ignition switch actually. About a $150 part.
Other possibilities could be a failed control module elsewhere on the vehcile, and yes, a poor aftermarket installation could also do it, but that is very hard to predict.

you definitely need to get this corrected before you buy, I would insist the seller fix it

if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...