Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2007 750i. yesterday i heard a noise like i ran

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a 2007 750i. yesterday i heard a noise like i ran over something with the back tire. I was heading home and started hearing a noise like something was stuck between the car and the tire. when i inspected there was a black substance on the rim and back right fender. please advise! thans thanks
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: I dont think its a tire problem.they have around 1/4 in. left of tread
JA: Are you fixing your 750i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: depends on how big the problem is. ive done nothing so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
can you please clarify what type of advise you are seeking with this? what did you want to know?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what the cause of the problem is
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

I suspect you may have a failed wheel bearing or simply ran something over that has coated the wheel well with debris. The car should be rasied on a hoist for professional inspection immediately.

if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...