BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

After sitting and not being driven for 4-5 months car wont…

Customer Question
After sitting and not...

After sitting and not being driven for 4-5 months car wont turn over even with fully charged new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I think the security system runs the battery down. after a period of time it goes dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

2000 328ci

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 328ci yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought the car from an auction, same deal dead battery, no turning over bought new battery started right up now its been sitting a few months dead battery again, I charged it up, instrument cluster, headlights, turn signal lights interior fan work fine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: BMW
8/3/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 11 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What has been checked besides replacing the battery?