Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My park lights, tail lights and dash lights will not turn

Customer Question

my park lights, tail lights and dash lights will not turn off
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: well obviously i think the bulbs are ok and the conections must be fine
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 97 740il
JA: Are you fixing your 740il yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ya i want to fix it myself and it just started so i havent tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am guessing its is the light control module is there any way to reset it or something
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
The problem is the light control module. You can reset it by unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour but this is not guaranteed to correct thenissie. You will likely need to replace the module. It is located in the passengers side right footwell kick panel. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.