BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2003 BMW 530i. I have maintained this car very well…

Customer Question
Good morning.. I have...

Good morning.. I have a 2003 BMW 530i. I have maintained this car very well over the years. My problem however is with the sunroof. Tilt control is broken and rattles when closed. The roof opens and closes fine BUT the tilt will not work. Can this be fixed at a reasonable cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

The rattle started as soon as the tilt action broke. About a year now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried to fix it. Can you tell me what the expense is to fix it might be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No... this is all that is wrong with my vehicle

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
7/30/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 of the vin?
CK44971
Roger, BMW Master Tech