Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Just purchased a 2000 Z3 with 23K miles and can't get any

Customer Question

Just purchased a 2000 Z3 with 23K miles and can't get any response out of the soft top
JA: Are you fixing your Z3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I swapped the fuse out ... twice. I took the wiring harness loose from the switch and tested for power...no power in any of the 6 connectors
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: oh it is constant... the top doesn't move at all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah , how about a code to unlock the radio, it says "code wait"
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
LF86906
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

this is a fairly complex system with a number of sensors and electrical components

Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

I have a 380 page wiring manual for this car that outlines every wire, connection, pin out, etc etc which has all the detail for you to investigate. I cannot post this information publically for obvious reasons, but I can email it to you. The site imposes a mandatory additional charge for email delivery, but I will set it to the lowest allowable to simply enable to you share your contact info with me. Please accept my offer and then enter your email address where it says to enter private contact info.