BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Just purchased a 2000 Z3 with 23K miles and can't get any…

Customer Question
Just purchased a 2000...

Just purchased a 2000 Z3 with 23K miles and can't get any response out of the soft top

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Z3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I swapped the fuse out ... twice. I took the wiring harness loose from the switch and tested for power...no power in any of the 6 connectors

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Oh it is constant... the top doesn't move at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah , how about a code to unlock the radio, it says "code wait"

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
7/30/2017
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
what is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LF86906

this is a fairly complex system with a number of sensors and electrical components

I have a 380 page wiring manual for this car that outlines every wire, connection, pin out, etc etc which has all the detail for you to investigate. I cannot post this information publically for obvious reasons, but I can email it to you. The site imposes a mandatory additional charge for email delivery, but I will set it to the lowest allowable to simply enable to you share your contact info with me. Please accept my offer and then enter your email address where it says to enter private contact info.