Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2011 328xi. Went on vacation and came back fan for

Customer Question

I have a 2011 328xi. Went on vacation and came back fan for ac stopped working. Replaced the Final stage regulator and the fan works but no cold air for ac
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: had the system evac and charged back. Still no ac
JA: Are you fixing your 328xi yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no coolant leak
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats pretty much it.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
freon is full but no other diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
freon is full yes. verified all fuses. No other diagnostics done. Mechanic that performed the freon checks said possibley AC climate control module, but not sure if thats the correct part name.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you have any recommendations?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it could be the climate module, but also could be a faulty aux fan or any of several sensors.

the only way to verify the cause with certainty is to invest in a proper diagnostic with a factory level bmw scan tool which can monitor all sensors and components in the system and identify what part is preventing the AC from working. I would strongly advise against replacing the very expensive climate module prior to investing in this type of diagnostic.

if you need a good non dealer option to cut down on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...