peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I stick the key in the ignition and no light no sound. took

Customer Question

I stick the key in the ignition and no light no sound. took the cable off the battery and the window went down by itself and now I cant get it back up. the radio and everything works
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: inside interior lights
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 mini cooper, I order the silver ring for the black fob. but still does nothing
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the silver park that goes around the fob, disconnecting the battery. checking the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

This may be a fault with a fuse or relay or a fault with a control unit/ecu needing replaced.The codes do need checked to help locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete