Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I'm getting a a0b1 ,a0b0,D904,a0b5 codes on an 02 bmw 745i

Customer Question

I'm getting a a0b1 ,a0b0,D904,a0b5 codes on an 02 bmw 745i can you please help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Already Tried to reset them code aob1,code aobo code d904 code aob5
JA: Are you fixing your 745i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brake light switch,mechatronic check
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Rnp on dash is flashing
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Rnp flashing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Rnd
Expert:  Eurocar inc replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

on your vehicle does it start? does the dash show the vehicle is in park ?

did this happen when you were driving and then all of a sudden no drive gears?

please do let me know!!

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Doesn't crank, started after turning car off
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have changed the ivm,brake sensor,and had mechatronic valve body checked and it was good

with the R N P flashing you have an issue with the transimission communicating. hence no start from your vehicle.

good possibility the valve body electronics has failed.

to verify you need either INPA scan tool or the factory scan tool from BMW to verify this .

do you have either of the scan tools mentioned?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Had the valve body checked and it checked out good

with a scan tool ? any codes? and please answer the above question of do you have either INPA or ICOM scan tool?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know about inpa or icon but the scanner is a matco max me and we programed scanner to run bmw codes and the we can back with were the ones I noted earlier

ok can you with your scan tool scan all modules of the vehicle , drivetrain, chassis and body please. there is more than the 4 codes stored and please post!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It took a few minutes but it read all the modules but we're gonna rescan it and see if more pops up,but this is what's on the dash,trans fault,dynamic drive inactive,servotron malfunction,abs brake drive fault inactive,edc malf, just trying to give you as much info as I can
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When we changed ivm fuse #10 was slightly burned
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We took the valve body to a valve body and transmission shop that specializes in BMW's was gonna have it rebuilt but when they ran test on it it came back good

what are all the falut codes stored?

you have to help me on the codes stored please!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Rescaned the car and it wouldn't read the computer,came back k cam code,out of 30 Something modules it couldn't read 5 or 6 and the computer was one of them
Not to be rude but how can I assist if I have no code #'s from you and which modules you cannot communicate.I want to help but I NEED this information.Thanks