BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Ac/compressor not coming on. Its full. 1987 BMW 325i. No a…

Customer Question
Ac/compressor not coming on ...

Ac/compressor not coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes, its full

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?

1987 BMW 325i

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a mechanic checked the Freon only and is suppose to do additional work later...I am the owner and just checking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not right now, but is there a charge for the mechanic to answer a few questions.?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

Nothing confuses me except, I want to make sure I know what needs to be check before I pay lots of money.

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the BMW Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

The last thing the mechanic shared with me is that he saw a hanging wire, that needs to be checked. He didn't finish checking anything else. I have to take car back. Are there relays of fuses to check as well, before considering buying a new compressor.?

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

?I need to know are there fuses or relays that should be checked before I purchase a compressor.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
Answered in 1 day by:
7/26/2017
BMW Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 year ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You