Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

4×4 faulty comes on continuesly, 2008 bmw x5 india, I have

Customer Question

4×4 faulty comes on continuesly
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2008 bmw x5 india
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried steering left fully and to right fully.
JA: Have you checked the fluids?
Customer: No changes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
How can I help you with this? What question did you have? Did you want to know possible causes? Something else?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Actually my vechile shut downed automatically while I was driving.so I called bmw service centre .the topped the vechile and took 12 days time to diagnose the problem.atlast they said to service injectors and clean fuel tank.bcoz the vechile stopped by contaminated fuel.the bill was around 1500 dollars.after from service with 3 to 4 days I again got the same problem.i was stuck in an highway.again the same problem.engine got switched off itself while running.i called them again.they said again to bring the vechile or troll it service center.i was totally fed up .so i treid my self my ckeanibg and doing some work on fuse box (rear) i just pulled out and again palced it with some cleaning in the fuse.my vechile got Ok.the engine started.but from than 4x4 faulty system symbol continuously showed.tried even by home work .steering right and left fully the wheels.no result.remaims the same
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please let me know what to do
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if the 4x4 light is on, you will need to have the fault logs read from the car to determine what underlying fault is triggering the warning. This is the only way to diagnose this warning light.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...