BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

Is there a way to add hydraulic fluid to my 2003 BMW Z4

Is there a way...

Is there a way to add hydraulic fluid to my 2003 BMW Z4 convertible top motor?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?

The fluid for the convertible top motor...is there an accessible reservoir?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes...what is the reset to get the top engaged once you put it down manually? Thanks

7/20/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LR62252

I have the factory BMW instructions as PDFs with images for this task. I cannot post them publically for obvious reasons, however, I can email them to you directly. The site imposes a mandatory additional charge for email delivery but I can set it to the lowest allowable amount to simply enable you to share your email with me. Please accept my email offer and then provide your email where it says to enter contact info.

Steve
Steve, BMW Expert