BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

2001 bmw 325i the fuel gauge when the tank is full stays jup…

2001 bmw 325i the fuel...
2001 bmw 325i the fuel gauge when the tank is full stays jup there. If I run for good while a good jolt on the road then it drops to whatever level. Took the pump assembly out I don't see nothing wrong with.
7/10/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert

Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

your description certainly sounds like one of the level senders is sticking - there are two so both should be checked.

the only other possibility would be if the actual guage itself was sticking, which is less likely.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...

Thanks. Steve there are 2 level sensor? I took the fuel pump on rear passenger side. What shoul I look for and where.
The other one is on the opposite side, exactly opposite. Please do not forget to select a positive rating
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Ok thanks
Also in this car the ac compressor don't turn on. Check the sensor low side for current it has 5 v only. My son bought this car from an old couple.
Hi Steve the compressor started wor*****, *****'t know if it has a delay timer but the low pressure hose from the evaporator to the compressor is leaking at the seals. Took the line off and is just replace the o rings correct? Because the looks like the yellow Teflon rings are part of the line?
hi, I am a bit confused we were discussing the fuel guage.
if you have an AC question, please post it as its own thread.
thanks.
Sounds good Steve I will post the question with your name. Thanks
Steve
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert