BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

My 2003 bmw 325i remote key will only open driver door and…

Customer Question
My 2003 bmw 325i...

My 2003 bmw 325i remote key will only open driver door and trunk.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

The trunk opens, but passenger side will not open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your BMW 325I yourself? What have you tried so far?

Try to open the passenger will not open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Remote works for driver side and trunk, not for passenger side.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
7/10/2017
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is a 2 door model and only the passenger side is acting up and the drivers side and trunk are both operating properly this sounds to be the common fault of the passenger door lock actuator/latch itself.This fails electronically like you see causing the issue with it needing replaced.The cost for replacement can vary but can run up around $300 in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete