BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

I have a 2013 bmw x3 2.0t in our shop started with following…

Customer Question
I have a 2013 bmw...
I have a 2013 bmw x3 2.0t in our shop started with following codes .. also note came in in limp mode.with the standard power loss message the codes we started with
120408
130104
131401
131501
1d2404
213604
we replaced both vanos solenoids and a hose # 713717605638 clear codes
[power came back to full then cgecjk engine came back on message for power loss/limp mode came back on and check engine light rescan car and 1 code returns 120408. permanent.
I can override limp mode and car will run at full power..then go back intio limp mode with the 1 codelefdt is 120408
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: BMW
6/25/2017
BMW Mechanic: Kenny, BMW Technician replied 12 months ago
Kenny
Kenny, BMW Technician

I would check the cam ledges for wear this can bleed the oil pressure to the vanos units.

Ok i thougt of that ..fyi i wirjed for bmw corporate 12 years..if i remember correctly discolartion in ledge us noral but deep scratches are a faulure..ill check monday my d
Shops r licated 8n wast ciast if florida we service mostly europeam models and exotucs...also from memory .is a reprograming a piss8able solurltion i have top of line autel with every model and update avaliable ..and several other scanners and lap tops ..ie a keonardo for my ferrari ..lambo maserati clients ..where are you licated ..oacuc coast. Mud west etc..thank you in advance ***** *****fman european firiegn and domestuc acentura and boca raton florida . oh mieage n x3 105 k

Great, Yes discolor or scoring is what you are looking for. If you have the tools to programming it is worth a shot first and a lot easier then checking the cam ledges. But with that millage I would be suspecting the ledges.

Kenny my shop foreman is out this week di you easy to follow notes on inspecting the cam shelves ... how to access them
also we did program/ reflash dme ..same single code has come back 120408

Well the reflash was worth a shot. As for inspecting the cam ledges. You will need to remove the camshaft from the engine to check them.