BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

Gm how are u i what is a fail safe code or problem. I dont

Customer Question
Gm how are u i...
Gm how are u i what is a fail safe code or problem
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I dont know the code but i have a 745Li bwm and that message appears on the console
JA: What year is your 745li?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your 745li yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing myself i tried nothing yet dont know what to do happens when driving
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but this a a ignoring issue
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: BMW
I have no sound in my car for instance when seat belt is off driving no ding ding even when backing or being to close to a wall no sound .
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/17/2017
BMW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

The fail safe condition happens when the transmission control module detects a fault that may be damaging to the transmission and therefore limits the transmission to lower gears. This can be caused by faulty shift solenoids, pressure switches, transmission fluid temperature sensor, electronic valve body, or internal transmission failure.

This needs to be diagnosed with a bmw scan tool in order to find the underlying cause

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Is this a expensive job to fix

HI,

Depends upon what the fault is. But expect from $400 up to $2000

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager