BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2007 BMW X3 3.0si yellow Brake, 4x4, and Service Engine Soon…

Customer Question
2007 BMW X3 3.0si yellow...
2007 BMW X3 3.0si yellow Brake, 4x4, and Service Engine Soon lights on. Car will start. It has a difficult time doing so. Long cranks. Please advise.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: BMW
6/11/2017
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If all of these lights came on around the same time most likely the fault here is tied into turning on all of these lights.This is due to a component failing or acting up that causes all of these lights to come on.

What has to be done from here is to have a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done the codes are then diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.Most shops or a dealer can retrieve and diagnose the codes as well as repair the fault.A local parts store like AutoZone can usually read out the fault codes at no charge to you but cannot diagnose the fault but may be able to give you an idea of what is failing or needs replaced.

Since it has a difficult time starting this may be fuel related with something like a weak fuel pump needing replaced.The codes do need checked to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician