BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I have a 2006 BMW 325XI that the dash warning lights

Customer Question
sporadically come on while driving...
I have a 2006 BMW 325XI that the dash warning lights sporadically come on while driving. Need assistance.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: BMW
6/7/2017
BMW Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me which lights these are that come on?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Did all of these lights come on at the same time or did they slowly start to come on one by one over time?

Same time

Are there any running issues with this problem?

None
Battery light comes on though charging system is charging too
ABS 4x4 too

O.k.,since all of these lights come on at the same time together and you have no running issues this sounds like the common fault of the instrument gauge cluster itself.The circuit board inside the cluster can start to fail/act up and causes this issue here to where the cluster has to be replaced.There was a bulletin on this model for various instrument panel issues to replace the instrument cluster,your vehicle isnt exhibiting all of the symptoms but is also acting up.There was a batch of instrument clusters that were faulty and the correction was to replace it and have it programmed.

What I would do here first is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

I do suspect an internal cluster fault with it needing replaced and programmed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician