peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Dsc malfunction light on it jst came on, No it jst say it,

Customer Question

Dsc malfunction light on it jst came on
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No it jst say it
JA: I'll pass this info along to the BMW Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2006 330i
JA: Are you fixing your 330i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I ain't did nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The DSC light is to let you know a fault has been detected with the dynamic stability control on your vehicle.There is at least one code set in the stability computer.A fully compatible scan tool needs to be plugged into your vehicle to read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.Most shops have a scan tool that can read this computer in your vehicle.A local parts store might be able to read the codes from this computer depending on if their scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port can read all computers in your model here.This can be a fault with a component like a failing wheel speed sensor needing replaced.But the codes do need read out to locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete