BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

When i park for 30 mn or 1 hr and want to start my car, they

car start with rpm near...
When i park for 30 mn or 1 hr and want to start my car, they car start with rpm near 0 and alternator check on , i have to push on the gas pedal to get it running.
Can the problem be from the alternator?
4/18/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- did you use a basic code reader or bmw factory scanner or equivalent and it came up with no codes .

2-was alternator like advance or auto zone one , did you check the rated amp on the one installed & does it match original

3- the alternator installation needs rechecking ,for backed out pins on electrical connector,burned pins making poor or interment connection,loose ground

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The ECU control the alternator on 02 , my experience bad ECM if alternator checks out

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

The alternator only checks out when i park for 1 hr and run the engine , the car starts the second or third time i turn the key, sometimes i have to give it gas for it run, but sometimes when it turn on the rpm is near zero and the alternator is on , when i give it a slight gas pump the rpm rise to normal level and the alternator turn off.
Do you think it could be the connection between the alternator and the batterie?
Thank you for your answer
I took it to many garage they all tested the v and told me the alternator was ok

then you have to go to ECM & Ip cluster ,let them check these connection and do a continuity test on the harness if that check out these it will be between ecm and IP cluster ,I can not confirm it for you, testing will be needed

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Just a final question , can it be related to the starter?
Can a failing starter do that?

Yes sir a failing will do that

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Hope I was helpful to you

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat