BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2004 bmw x3 i was working on driver door panel for repair

when i accidentally pull the...
2004 bmw x3 i was working on driver door panel for repair when i accidentally pull the wires from the driver power window switch. There are four wires red/gray red/green red/brown and brown. Ordered a 4 pin repair plug just need to know what wires goes to what pin
4/17/2017
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
What is the last 7 of the vin and what are the wire colors you have?
Wb29839
Red/gray, red/green, red/brown, brown

what are the pin numbers on the four pin connector?

and does the car have seat memory or fold in mirrors?

This a photo of the connector numbered 1,2,34 from left to right
I am sorry 4321 from left to right
Disregard last message
The wiring diagram I have shows only 3 wires. It is the factory BMW diagram. Let me look a little further
the wiring database has conflicting info, power and ground is certain in the diagram, but the signal wires I cannot verify the orientation
I don't want to give you the wrong alignment so I will opt out.
Still waiting for mechanic
2004 bmw x3 with memory seats/ outside mirrors, last 7 of vin Wb29839 . I need to know what wires go to what pin on the drivers power window switch part number*********** the wire colors are as follows Red/gray, red/green, red/brown, brown, the pins are number 1,2,3,4. The vehicle does not have power fold in mirrors or are they heated.
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, so this is not for the window switch per se, but for a connector on the master panel, correct?

that is correct I pulled the wires from the 4 pin connector

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. thank you. have a great evening.

Hey David just so I understand you correctly as per drawing 1 would be pin 1, 6 would be pin 2 , 7 would be pin 3 and 8 would be pin 4, the connector is numbered 1 thur 4

stand by

I dont know what screwy configuration your car is, but its not in any of my manuals. I will open this back up to others, good luck

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** can help.

Pin 1 - Red/Green wire

Pin 2 - Brown wire

Pin 3 - Red/Brown wire

Pin 4 - Red/Gray wire

Awsome thanks I'll give it a try and let you know

You're quite welcome.

Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Hallelujah success thanks again :) :)
Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician