Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have some dash warning lights that have come on together

Customer Question

I have some dash warning lights that have come on together unexpectedly I'm wondering if there is a way to reset this...
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes. It's only a select 3 dash lights that have come on.
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2009 X3 (e83)
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Havem Havem havent tried much Been trying to find a way to reset it but google hasn't been the best help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
What lights have come on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the park brake (goes from red to orange, and stays on orange after brake released), the 4x4 light (again stays orange), and the airbag warning light (stays orange).
They all came on together and have stayed on. I find it weird that they all started at the exact same time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh and the lamp warning, but all lights are in perfect working order.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
The brake and 4x4 lights are related. The others not. The only thing that would cause warning lights in multiple systems would be a voltage problem or failed control module. To verify he cause you will need to have voltage tested and the fault logs scanned from the car. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.