BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

2002 BMW 325xi (E46) No start issue... Cranks but no start

Customer Question
2002 BMW 325xi (E46) No start...
2002 BMW 325xi (E46)
No start issue... Cranks but no start
Following codes: 104 Exhust Vanos Varible camshaft timing... camshaft end position not reached
065 Intake Camshaft sensor signal
209 EWS anti-tampering protection
008 Mass air flow sensor signalPLEASE HELP
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: BMW
3/9/2017
BMW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 9 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

is the secuirty light flahsing whne you try to start now ?

do you have one or 2 keys ?

how did this happened suddenly no start, so it cranks but no start .

we need correct fuel and spark to start unless we have correct fuel & spark and the anti theft is triggered & than we will have no injector pulse

now the MAF code is the first code you need to go by if the security is not set

Have you tried resetting it ,make sure you have a good 12 volt battery first

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Hi, just checking in ,to see how things are going & If you need further assistance ?

Please Remember To Kindly Rate My Answer Using The Stars At Top of The Page

A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat