eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

I slid on some ice and ended up in a ditch on the LH side of

Customer Question

I slid on some ice and ended up in a ditch on the LH side of the road blocking our driveway. Called AAA and they pulled me out but the car slid down the hill and bounced off the tow truck into another ditch. The ice melted today so I went to see if I could get the car out and it have zero electrical. It was running fine and started after the first ditch. Is there a a impact power cutoof or can you think of another issue that might be the cause?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Nothing turns on and the battery was fine the day it got pulled out. That was a couple of days ago. The lights were not left on or anything like that.
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 1995 525i
JA: Are you fixing your 525i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not much, I just tried to start it, it has gotten dark.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The tail light bucket was smashed when it hit the tow truck, wondering if that caused a short.
Category: BMW
Expert:  eauto replied 6 months ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Expert:  eauto replied 6 months ago.

have you tried a jump?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not yet, ran out of daylight. Just wondering if there was an electrical cutoff switch, because it dosen't even grut, there is no power at all.
Expert:  eauto replied 6 months ago.

nope...sounds as if the battery is dead or failed

Expert:  eauto replied 6 months ago.
Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!