BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I got snow from a blizzard stuck in my front grill. the car

Customer Question
overheated at a drive through...
i got snow from a blizzard stuck in my front grill. the car overheated at a drive through. I have since cleared the snow, but am not sure the fan is working. If snow held it up, would it brake/ or trip a fuse?
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: the coolant is fine snow was packed solid against the fan
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2004 325
JA: Are you fixing your 325 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i unclogged it, and am letting the engine cool. it redlined right as i turned it off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
1/8/2017
BMW Mechanic: Kevin, BMW Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic

Hi im kevin it is possible it has blown the fuse .can i have vin and il check fuse location for you

Roger, BMW Master Tech