Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My BMW 2003 745i Engine malfunction reduced power, Automatic

Customer Question

My BMW 2003 745i Engine malfunction reduced power
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Automatic 180 k
JA: Are you fixing your 745i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I change Val cover gasket's because it was leaking in the spark plug gasket's change Val cover gasket's because it was leaking in the spark plug gasket's
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Spark plugs oil Spark plugs oil change
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What do you have logged for fault codes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
5f29 6030 D3BD 9763 A189 9CB4 9CB6 9C76 2865 285f 27A0 P1046
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have two different scanners

Thanks for the info. I help on here in between jobs so please bare with me. We can post back and forth as needed. i will need some time to look these up and put my thoughts together on this for you.

6030
Parking Brake (EPB / SBC) on

5f29 Im getting rear brake pad indicators. Either worn brakes or faulty wiring or indicators.

Assuming it is primarily the low power concern you are having?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I change the wiring the main problem is Engine mount function and reduce power the RPM gauge doesn't let me go higher than 2rpm's but if I shut off the car and turn it back on and drives fine so I let it idle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it's the parking emergency brake sensor but I'm not worried about that

EMF D3BD PT-CAN implausible message received
from the control module

Im going to look all the codes up and see which may be related and go from there. I have an 11 meeting so you can check back in periodically. I will see what I can get done on this prior to my meeting but we can post as needed.

9763/97FD (Open circuit seat occupancy detector is stored in the SSFASSBF (Driver's/Passenger's seat satellite)
CAUSE
Faulty seat mat, connection problem with wiring under seat, faulty SBE seat occupancy module.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's the same thing my scan tool tells me but I really want to know which one of those codes is the reason why my car is related to the problem I'm having

I cant tell you that until I look them all up

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sent you a picture
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
See if this can help

thanks for that. I would test and verify all fuses and relays... If okay then take a very close look at the wiring harness for corrosion or damage including all your grounds. Verify you have good voltage and ground at the ECM including testing the battery with a digital tester for internal problems and testing the charging system. If all this tests okay I suspect a problem with the ECM or software. A system reflash and update to reset to factory settings would be my next step. Then see what codes come back for actual faults.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do you reset the system
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
To factory settings
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will do

As far as software reprogramming and updating, that has to be done by the dealer as they have exclusive rights. I would check all other possibilities and if okay that is the next step to see if there is a software or ECM issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I put the battery to charge I'll let you know what's going on tomorrow

Sounds good. Pleasure to help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Charge the battery reset all still getting the same problem

How was the system and software reset? when testing the battery be sure not to just test voltage. Use a digital battery tester that will pick up any internal problems such as bad cells or low Cranking AMPS. Take a very close look at the wiring harness and connector pins for corrosion from the ECM plug and on including all grounds. Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Checked it all looks all good still give me the same problem

Thanks for the update. So the dealer reprogrammed/reflashed the software and every one of these codes came back and you have confirmed with 100% certainty All wiring , connector pins, and grounds are good. That is extremely odd that all wiring/connectors, grounds, and the ECM all are good but the problem exists seams as something might have been overlooked.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?