Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

BMW 2008 X5 e70, replaced valve cover gasket, fuel injectors

Customer Question

BMW 2008 X5 e70, replaced valve cover gasket, fuel injectors professionally services and O-rings replaced. will not start.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: yes, 3.0si 6
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself, injectors service by shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: using Bavariantech reset values for adaptive learning
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
what does the car do when you try to start?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the quick response. During the effort of replacing the valve cover gasket, I also pulled the fuel injectors and had them serviced by a local shop that specializes with injectors. Put them back incorrectly at first, snap ring with the injector to deep in the fuel rail, pulled them back and corrected that and re-installed them. At an attempt to start the car the started stopped working and was just getting a clicking noise. Since then I also replaced the start and installed a brand new battery. The started in now working but the engine doesn't seem to catch or fire. the fuel pressure seems fine as when I check the needle valve on the fuel rail it does squirt out. During the troubleshooting effort I pulled al the plug cleaned them with a brass brush, replace one with new as that cylinder had a bad leak and was filled with oil from VCG. I've tried started with the MAS sensor connected and not connected, checked all the fusses once, cleaned the DME compartment and the single 40amp fuss there. I have not checked spark as I haven't had a 2nd hand to crank the engine and hold the coil at the same time.its been a few days now, searched YouTube a lot.... replaced the plastic right, left, center engineer compartment baffles, not related to this issue but just part of the things I was doing at this time while working on the car. I do own barbarian tech for connecting the ODB2 diagnostics.
Current coedes;
2AD0 - gear control
2CFB - throttle valve adaption value
2D09
2A9A - cam shaft sensor inlet signal
2A9B - cam shaft sensor outlet sensorTransmission management
CF33Car Access System
A0B4 - starter - from yesterday, not sure if I cleared this code or not.Kind of at the end of what I should try... its been a few days.
Thanks,
Paul
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just cranks over doesn't start
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any thoughts? I had it towed to the dealer, can't afford being with out a running car.