peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2011 328i xdrive. My satellite radio stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2011 328i xdrive. My satellite radio stopped working and will no longer appear as an option on the AUDIO select button....can this be reset?
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: came with the car
JA: What is the model of your '11 BMW?
Customer: 328i x drive
JA: Are you fixing your 328i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried nothing...have no idea where to begin
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no -- that is it
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like a software or hardware failure in the radio itself.If it was the satellite receiver or antennae you would still have the option to select satellite radio and since this option is no longer coming up it sounds like the radios software is corrupt and a dealer needs to check and program the radio or that the radio has an internal fault ( as some have built in hard drives that can fail) with the radio needing repaired or replaced to resolve this here.

I would have the radio checked for any software issues to see if this resolves the fault and if the software does not resolve this the radio may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete