BMW

BMW Questions? Ask a BMW Repair Expert for Answers.

BMW

I filled up my bmw 328i with Sunoco low octane gas and now

Customer Question
engine light is on and...
I filled up my bmw 328i with Sunoco low octane gas and now engine light is on and car is sluggish in acceleration. got down to 1/4 tank and topped up with hi-test. will this clear once tank empty and I fill up with hi octane? thanks!
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: no...can't b/c parent sick in hosp. and can't get it in for diagnostic.
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer:(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. I just topped up the tank which was 3/4's full with hi test just now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you Pearl
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: BMW
12/30/2016
BMW Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is***** your vehicle rated for Hi octane fuels only?

Roger, BMW Master Tech