How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, BMW Master Tech
Category: BMW
Satisfied Customers: 3044
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
Type Your BMW Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2006 mini S convertible and it is having problems

Customer Question

I have a 2006 mini S convertible and it is having problems in third gear by shifting hard and jerking. I am told it needs an RP Controller. It has about 90 thousand miles on it. Cost quoted $3900.0 is this good.
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I can't fix but we have a good mechanic shop that also works on our Jaguar that has done diagnostics on it and indicated this is what the car needs.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.

Do you have the codes from the controller?