sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Window main switch E90 - non folding mirrors js, windows

Customer Question

window main switch E90 - non folding mirrors js, windows dont respond, child lock doesnt work - juice is there (when I turn lights on it turns on, mirrors adjsutment is working) tried wiring in door, everything 100 percent
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: yes, that was first and also I have brand new BMW original main switch that I bought last week
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 320d E90 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything ....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: all the windows are working there is no issue with regulator, fuses ok, wiring ok in doors and in connector that goes from doors to a car there was no smell, nothing
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
So you have replaced the switch unit in the door and the window still does not work?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did and still no results
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried all the reset procedures but no results either - well the switch seems dead, even when new
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If all windows are inoperative and were lost at exactly the same time yet the switch has been replaced then you almost surely have a wiring issue. The most likely place for this to occur is in the boot between the driver's door and body. This wiring flexes each time the door is opened and closed and can eventually break.

Were all windows lost at exactly the same time?