BMW

BMW questions? Ask a BMW repair Expert for answers.

07 X3 3.0 litre - I think the valve cover gasket it shot. I…

Customer Question
07 X3 3.0 litre...

07 X3 3.0 litre - I think the valve cover gasket it shot. I get occasional wiffs of burning oil in the cabin every now and then. Is it tough to change out in my garage at home or are specialized tools req'd? Thanks, ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

3 litre

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing on this unit. I have swapped motors and tranny before on chevies and porsches

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: BMW
11/10/2016
BMW Mechanic: Steve, BMW Expert replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
can you please clarify what your question is about this? what information are you seeking?